Bruce

Default Why are the HVAC group posters such Aholes?

In alt.home.repair
"Tommy & Megan Price" wrote:

I subscribed to their newsgroup mostly to learn more about HVAC so that when
the techs come to work on mine I won't think they are speaking Cantonese.
What I found was reply after reply of garbage. If they don't want people
posting questions about ACs and furnaces what is the point of the newsgroup?
Spreading ways to screw home moaners as they call us? Sorry but I had to
vent after unsubscribing earlier from that newsgroup. No info just buttheads
spouting off.

You haven't exactly gotten away from the HVAC aholes by coming here, we
have our share of them. I'm not 100% why they act that way, I think there
are a few reasons but some of them a

1. They want to keep you stupid about AC so they can continue to ream you.

2. They feel that if you do your own work, you're taking money out of
their pocket.

3. They want you to think it is illegal for you to fix your own AC.

4. As another guy said, maybe Freon causes strange aggressive behavior?

PS: To save some HVAC guys the trouble, they will now post that they LOVE
when we work on our own ACs because it ultimately results in a bigger
repair bill for them. I've not paid a dime to an HVAC guy in 18 years of
home ownership including 2 full AC installations, a fan motor repair,
clogged and dirty evap coils and thermostat replacements. I never will.