Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Long telescopic ladders?

On Sun, 22 Nov 2020 16:45:47 +0000, williamwright
wrote:

On 22/11/2020 11:23, No Name wrote:

I use a Fracarro satellie inclinometer against my ladder to confirm its
at the recommended 65 to 70 degrees inclination angle before I set foot
on it....

Well don't. That's dangerous. The safe angle depends on the ground, the
landing place at the top and whether it can be secured, the type of
ladder, the load, and the weather conditions. There's no way 65 or 70
degrees -- or any other angle -- can be right for every situation.

But what if all those variables had already been catered for Bill,
wouldn't then someone just 'checking' the angle (if they didn't have
your vast experience etc) be a 'good thing'?

Cheers, T i m