Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Long telescopic ladders?

On 22 Nov 2020 12:13:16 GMT, Roger Hayter wrote:

snip

I claim no particular expertise, but I do know that having done it both ways I
feel a lot safer when doing the whole gutter using a ladder stay with the
ladder extending two or three feet above the gutter.

Understood, and would be my preference, assuming it was an option
within all the other variables / compromises.

And if you have a long
enough ladder quick jobs like you mention can be done just resting the ladder
on the gutter without bothering with the ladder stay.

Yeah, I've often seen roofers doing that (when doing a quick repair
job specifically) but it always worries me (that the gutter will
break, but they haven't yet).

If I was using a long telescopic I think I would like to use a stay,
just to help make the top more stable against twisting?

Cheers, T i m