Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Long telescopic ladders?

On Sat, 21 Nov 2020 20:22:26 +0000, williamwright
wrote:

On 21/11/2020 17:46, T i m wrote:
I think 'flex' is one of those things you would get (or have to get)
used to

The problem is, the top of the ladder gets dangerously steep when
there's too much flexing.

Sure, but I don't think they are made of rubber. Watching my
not-exactly-lightweight mate working on his CCTV camera at about 3m on
his telescopic ladder and I can't remember seeing it flex much at all?

You can't beat a good strong ladder.

Till you want to get it *in* the back of your hire van or in a lift?
;-(

It wants
to feel like you're climbing a staircase.

Oh, sure, but what if you don't have the storage options for a 'real'
ladder ... or enough of a predictable need but still have a
(especially domestic) need?

Could (and this is back to the $100 question) a 'good' 5m telescopic
ladder give me useable access to a gutter 5m off the ground?

Cheers, T i m