Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Long telescopic ladders?

On Sat, 21 Nov 2020 17:57:16 +0000, alan_m
wrote:

On 21/11/2020 17:46, T i m wrote:

Like stepping out onto glass floored viewing platform at the
top of a tower or skyscraper and trusting that it's not going to crack
and you fall though.

Unless designed to crack
https://youtu.be/5e8P1UMUQhk

;-)

Flex on a telescopic might be like flex with a reed rather than the
stiffness of an oak tree etc.

But is it flexing because you and your load are too heavy for it.

Yup, that's the question that will be answered over time and use.

They
seem to only give the static load not any dynamic load figures. Is
climbing and descending a ladder a static load?

Good question, however, if they are rated as '150kg max load' you can
be fairly sure that won't be close to the failure point and in the
worst case of usage (eg, lower than 70 degrees or with someone
'bouncing' on it).

If they were a real / practical 'death trap', I'm guessing we would
have seen the on Watchdog. ;-)

Or might it be a case of 'Dead men don't talk'?

Cheers, T i m