Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Long telescopic ladders?

On 20/11/2020 13:21, Tricky Dicky wrote:
On Friday, 20 November 2020 at 13:00:31 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 20 Nov 2020 12:54:47 +0000, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

snip
What does the panel think, advice on makes / models etc please?

bloody newbies

So, Jimmy, when you ask a serious question here and people take the
**** out of you you throw your toys out the pram?

Hypocrisy?

Cheers, T i m

I have seen 6.2m telescopic ladders on eBay for £19.00 but you got to ask yourself just how good they are when the likes of Screwfix are selling 3m+ types between £100 & £150. I really would not like to find out when 6m above the ground. I have a 3.6m one which is more than adequate to reach everything I need to on our bungalow but it is heavy and difficult to manoeuvre I can only imagine how awkward a version nearly twice mine would be to carry, extend and manoeuvre.

I wonder how narrow some of the rungs would be with a longer telescopic
ladder? The top rungs would be OK because of the narrowness of the side
rails but for the lower rungs the side rail has to accommodate all the
other side rails inside of it.

With my 3.Xm telescopic ladder and wearing fairly wide safety shoes that
climbing down I tend to start touching the side rail and have to adjust
my position which can be a PITA when carrying something down.

As other have commented the better quality telescopic ladders are not
particularly light and a 6m to 10m may be quite heavy if it is not to
flex too much when using it.