Posted to alt.home.repair

Default toilet leak

On Fri, 20 Nov 2020 22:44:44 -0000 (UTC), Arlen Holder
wrote:

On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 16:21:51 +0000 (UTC), badgolferman wrote:

I have swapped flappers with the other toilet
and even bought two new flappers. The first flapper was a Korky but my
plumber friend said it was for other model toilets and I needed a
Universal type Korky for the Universal - Rundle toilet in question.
The toilet still leaks despite the new flapper. Do I need to replace
the flush valve now? If so what do you suggest? Any gotchas to be
wary of?

Hi badgolferman,

I do NOT have the solution to your issue.
o All I can do is commiserate with your problem set

To illustrate why, I snapped this illustrative photo for you just now
o https://i.postimg.cc/pL9qvjXs/stopper01.jpg

That's just the Korky & Kohler flappers & FluidMaster valves I had handy.
o That's how bad the situation is (and yes, I have lots of bathrooms).

I believe they all have "lifetime warranties" where I'd love to know if
you, or anyone else, has ever bothered to take them up on their bluff.

Kohler worked with me on the one piece I had and sent me a new
flapper. They are also the ones who told me the link you use on the
flapper chain is critical. One off in either direction will fail.