Posted to alt.home.repair
Arlen Holder Arlen   Holder is offline

Default toilet leak

On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 16:21:51 +0000 (UTC), badgolferman wrote:

I have swapped flappers with the other toilet
and even bought two new flappers. The first flapper was a Korky but my
plumber friend said it was for other model toilets and I needed a
Universal type Korky for the Universal - Rundle toilet in question.
The toilet still leaks despite the new flapper. Do I need to replace
the flush valve now? If so what do you suggest? Any gotchas to be
wary of?

Hi badgolferman,

I do NOT have the solution to your issue.
o All I can do is commiserate with your problem set

To illustrate why, I snapped this illustrative photo for you just now
o https://i.postimg.cc/pL9qvjXs/stopper01.jpg

That's just the Korky & Kohler flappers & FluidMaster valves I had handy.
o That's how bad the situation is (and yes, I have lots of bathrooms).

I believe they all have "lifetime warranties" where I'd love to know if
you, or anyone else, has ever bothered to take them up on their bluff.