Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Long telescopic ladders?

On Fri, 20 Nov 2020 05:21:02 -0800 (PST), Tricky Dicky
wrote:

snip

I have seen 6.2m telescopic ladders on eBay for £19.00

Well, they build pretty high buildings using bamboo scaffolding but

but you got to ask yourself just how good they are when the likes of Screwfix are selling 3m+ types between £100 & £150.

Well quite. ;-(

I really would not like to find out when 6m above the ground.

Me neither. Mind you, it's not heights that kill people, it's normally
the ground! ;-(

I have a 3.6m one which is more than adequate to reach everything I need to on our bungalow but it is heavy and difficult to manoeuvre I can only imagine how awkward a version nearly twice mine would be to carry, extend and manoeuvre.

It seems they do vary in weight quite a bit and not always directly
related to their length.

It may well be one of those things where they are generally an asset
up to 3.x m but after that they (as you say) become overly heavy and
unwieldy, or no less so than a std 2 or 3 piece ally ladder that could
be much cheaper, lighter and more comfortable in use?

It's just not so easy to store ...

Cheers, T i m