Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Telescopic ladders?

On 20/11/2020 07:55, alan_m wrote:
On 20/11/2020 04:48, williamwright wrote:

The best ladder for you would need to extend to 7 metres. A 7 metre
triple would be good, because for lower work you can discard one
section. If your gutters are really low you could maybe manage with a
6 metre ladder.

It depend on the height of Tim's Victorian house gutters? While his
"cottage" may have low ceilings my 1905 property has 9 foot high
ceilings, add the depth of the joists and floor boards between floors
and that the suspended floor inside is higher than ground level and I'm
already approaching 6 to 7 metres with a ladder fixed vertically to the
outside of my property

Doesn't he have a local hire shop where a much safer lightweight
tower structure could be obtained ?.