Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Telescopic ladders?

In article ,
williamwright wrote:
On 20/11/2020 00:04, T i m wrote:
I would like to be able to get up to the gutters / soffits on this two
story Victorian cottage and don't currently have a suitable ladder.

This wouldn't be for any extended work, just replacing a floodlight or
removing debris from the gutters etc.

I like the idea of the telescopic ladders from a storage / portability
POV

I used ladders all day and every day during my working life. I owned two
telescopic ladders.

There are so many disadvantages to telescopic ladders that the only
sensible use for them is where the ladder has to be either stored or
gotten through a restricted space. Remember that an aluminium ladder can
be stored on a shed roof or hung on a wall as long as it is padlocked.

To use a ladder against guttering it needs to extent *at least* 600mm
above the guttering.

The best ladder for you would need to extend to 7 metres. A 7 metre
triple would be good, because for lower work you can discard one
section. If your gutters are really low you could maybe manage with a 6
metre ladder.

Using a ladder that isn't quite long enough for the job is a sure way of
having an accident. Ladders should always be oversized for the job.

and secured against slipping.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England