Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Name No Name is offline

Default Telescopic ladders?

On 20/11/2020 00:46, alan_m wrote:
On 20/11/2020 00:04, T i m wrote:

What does the panel think?

I doubt if you would find one more than approx 3m to 4m. The weight and
base width rise quite a bit in a non-linear way the longer the
telescopic ladder.

Your gutter is probably more like 6m from the ground and for a ladder to
reach with the required lean you probably want more like 8 to 10m.
Ideally you want a ladder that reaches beyond the gutter. Working on the
inside of a gutter from a ladder that only reaches to below the gutter
is a PITA and possibly considered dangerous.

I would also consider using a ladder stand off near the top and a set of
ladder stabilisers at the bottom.