Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Telescopic ladders?

On 20/11/2020 04:48, williamwright wrote:

I used ladders all day and every day during my working life. I owned two
telescopic ladders.

There are so many disadvantages to telescopic ladders that the only
sensible use for them is where the ladder has to be either stored or
gotten through a restricted space. Remember that an aluminium ladder can
be stored on a shed roof or hung on a wall as long as it is padlocked.

To use a ladder against guttering it needs to extent *at least* 600mm
above the guttering.

Can a stand-off be fitted safely to a telescopic ladder?

--

Jeff