Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Telescopic ladders?

It hurts the arms as well. You can attach yourself OK, but looking down on a
job is to be preferred when I could do it. I did not like heights much when
I could see, now I can't see they don't worry me, but then I can't see to do
the job either!

Most telescopic ladders of a long enough length are still longish when
collapsed of course. I did see a long version of the concertina ladder that
would fit into a van, but it was very heavy, and had lots of give when
extended, and a very complicated latching system to keep it rigid.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"alan_m" wrote in message
On 20/11/2020 00:04, T i m wrote:

What does the panel think?

I doubt if you would find one more than approx 3m to 4m. The weight and
base width rise quite a bit in a non-linear way the longer the telescopic
ladder.

Your gutter is probably more like 6m from the ground and for a ladder to
reach with the required lean you probably want more like 8 to 10m. Ideally
you want a ladder that reaches beyond the gutter. Working on the inside of
a gutter from a ladder that only reaches to below the gutter is a PITA and
possibly considered dangerous.