Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Nowell Lee Nowell is offline

Default Squeaky hinges

"Dave Liquorice" Wrote in message:r
On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 16:45:59 +0000, Chris Green wrote: Over the years they have been gradually "leaking" some black oil which we periodically clean off.Just normal accumlation of wear and dust mixed with whatever has beenused to lubricate the hinge in the past. I think some sort of spray grease should do the trick, justsquirt it at the hinge joints. It'll work its way in OK. Or 3-in-1 spray directed using the straw I think hinges need something a bit 'stickier' than 3-in-1 though.I tend to agree that a thin smear of grease actually applied to thebearing suraces/hinge pin and reasembled would be good but I don'tthink anything outside will find it's way in. And the stuff left onthe outside is messy and not doing anything...I reach for a big screwdriver and oil pen. Use big screwdriver as astethoscope to find the offending hinge and apply the tinest drop ofoil to the joints of said hinge letting capillary action draw itbetween the bearing faces. Work the door a bit, leave for 10 mins,check squeak has gone.-- CheersDave.

--

Thanks all. The design of the hinge looks like you could somehow
dismantle it by prising the top/ bottom off Assume that is not

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazon...net/index.html