Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Encapsulated loft insulation

On 18/11/2020 21:59, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 20:45:15 +0000 (UTC), RJH
wrote:

snip

Maybe if one can build up a tolerance of such things I did when I was
shoved into small lockers and under-deck spaces fiber glassing over
wooden pads for cleats and the like on Dads various boats when I was a
kid. ;-)

I thought the main danger was inhaling the glass fibres/dust?

I think you are right (medically) typically re insulation materials
and if sanding or grinding (fiber)glass reinforced resin, but I'm
also aware that some can quickly come up in a rash or itch if they
simply come in contact with it (I don't).

I don't get a rash, but am very aware of if I have come into contact
with it - it leaves an odd prickly sensation to the skin.

--
Cheers,

John.