Posted to alt.home.repair
badgolferman badgolferman is offline

Default toilet leak

Frank wrote:

On 11/18/2020 11:21 AM, badgolferman wrote:
One of our toilets has a slight leak into the bowl. The bathroom is
attached to the bedroom so during the night I hear the tank fill
itself back up very quickly. I have swapped flappers with the
other toilet and even bought two new flappers. The first flapper
was a Korky but my plumber friend said it was for other model
toilets and I needed a Universal type Korky for the Universal -
Rundle toilet in question. The toilet still leaks despite the new
flapper. Do I need to replace the flush valve now? If so what do
you suggest? Any gotchas to be wary of?

Could also be tank to bowl connection. I had to replace the seal
once. I would also check the bolts of tank to bowl although leak
with corroded bolt is normally outside. If you replace the seal, I
would also replace the bolts.

Don't the bolts go outside of the bowl? There is no water on the floor
or at the nuts.