Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default toilet leak

On 11/18/2020 11:21 AM, badgolferman wrote:
One of our toilets has a slight leak into the bowl. The bathroom is
attached to the bedroom so during the night I hear the tank fill itself
back up very quickly. I have swapped flappers with the other toilet
and even bought two new flappers. The first flapper was a Korky but my
plumber friend said it was for other model toilets and I needed a
Universal type Korky for the Universal - Rundle toilet in question.
The toilet still leaks despite the new flapper. Do I need to replace
the flush valve now? If so what do you suggest? Any gotchas to be
wary of?

Could also be tank to bowl connection. I had to replace the seal once.
I would also check the bolts of tank to bowl although leak with
corroded bolt is normally outside. If you replace the seal, I would
also replace the bolts.