Posted to alt.home.repair

Default toilet leak

On 11/18/2020 11:21 AM, badgolferman wrote:
One of our toilets has a slight leak into the bowl. The bathroom is
attached to the bedroom so during the night I hear the tank fill itself
back up very quickly. I have swapped flappers with the other toilet
and even bought two new flappers. The first flapper was a Korky but my
plumber friend said it was for other model toilets and I needed a
Universal type Korky for the Universal - Rundle toilet in question.
The toilet still leaks despite the new flapper. Do I need to replace
the flush valve now? If so what do you suggest? Any gotchas to be
wary of?

Did you put in the right flapper? Did you check that is is seating
properly? There could be some buildup not allowing it to properly seal
when it goes down. There should also be a little slack in the chain
when closed too.