Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Encapsulated loft insulation

In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
On 18/11/2020 11:14, Theo wrote:
A second concern was that installing foil-backed insulation is likely
to make RF conditions worse - mobile signal and wifi. But that's
likely the case with any insulation to block solar radiation, which is
a big issue. The second can be addressed with more access points, I
could probably live with worse mobile signal. So I should probably
stop worrying about this and go with the flow.

???

Yes foil in walls messes up inter room wifi and makes mobile coverage
strange but foil in ceilings is a different matter. You aren't receiving
signals in that direction except GPS, so your phone wont know where it
is when it's at home...

Depends on how high up the mobile phone mast is in relation to your house

..and as far as solar radiation goes, what on earth are you talking
about? cosmic rays? Curiously the fact that its dark in a loft is a
fairly sure sign that all incoming solar radiation is stopped by the
roof.

That's the visible radiation. gives no indication of other frequencies, If
you logic was correct, there's be no heat loss through roof tiles.

..not by any insulation thereafter.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England