Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Encapsulated loft insulation

On 18/11/2020 11:14, Theo wrote:
A second concern was that installing foil-backed insulation is likely to
make RF conditions worse - mobile signal and wifi. But that's likely the
case with any insulation to block solar radiation, which is a big issue.
The second can be addressed with more access points, I could probably live
with worse mobile signal. So I should probably stop worrying about this and
go with the flow.

???

Yes foil in walls messes up inter room wifi and makes mobile coverage
strange but foil in ceilings is a different matter. You aren't receiving
signals in that direction except GPS, so your phone wont know where it
is when it's at home...

...and as far as solar radiation goes, what on earth are you talking
about? cosmic rays? Curiously the fact that its dark in a loft is a
fairly sure sign that all incoming solar radiation is stopped by the
roof...not by any insulation thereafter.

--
€œSome people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of
a car with the cramped public exposure of €¨an airplane.€

Dennis Miller