Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default aluminium cover strips at doorway carpet joints

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Gaff (Sofa) explained :
If they were in slots and you have a gap it sounds like they were not
very well secured. If you can see the carpet edges, surely you can
see the edge of the bottom part of the strip?

What happens, is that once the carpet gets pushed and secured into the
gripper strip, the only way to remove it if the carpet needs lifting,
is to rip it off the sharp tangs of the gripper. Thus the carpet end
becomes damaged and no longer able to be effectively gripped.

Use a bolster chisel to open up the strip.

--
*I wish the buck stopped here. I could use a few.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.