Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Re-celling a NiCd drill battery

On 17/11/2020 20:14, Lobster wrote:
Part 2 of the question is that the original power packs are NiCd. The OEM charger (a DC1804T) states that it's good for both NiMH and NiCd: so does that mean I can buy NiMH cells and simply swap those out for the existing duff NiCd items? Or will there be electronickery inside the power packs that I would need to contend with, and should therefore stick with NiCd?

IF the charger can cope with either, then yes you can swap one for the
other.

But consider the cost. Re celling may be as expensive as a new drill and
battery with LI ION ...

In general a sub C Nixx is between £2 and £5. 8 of then is already
£16-£40....

https://www.batteriesplus.co.uk/acat...d_Battery.html

--
"What do you think about Gay Marriage?"