Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack[_3_] Mike Halmarack[_3_] is offline

Default aluminium cover strips at doorway carpet joints

On Mon, 16 Nov 2020 16:34:46 -0000, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)"
wrote:

Would that not hit doors and cause a trip hazard.

Certainly where some of the doors are concerned.

Is there nowhere in the
house where you can see an end to see what is going on.

I'm not great at low altitude these days. Tricky getting down and even
trickier getting up again.

If its only glue,
then I guess getting them off is the least of the worry.

Eeek! I don't know if I can stand to hear that there might be worse to
come.

If they were in slots and you have a gap it sounds like they were not very well secured.

I was guessing that the carpet edges were just covered, rather than
secured. Though secured will have been a better method.

If you can see the carpet edges, surely you can see the edge of the bottom part
of the strip?

I can see the carpet edge from above, in the kneeling position.
The worms eye view I'll need to limber up for.

Brian

Sound reasoning Brian.
--

Mike