Colbyt

Default blinds- wood vs 'faux' or vinyl

"mel" wrote in message
I am looking for blinds for a window that gets quite a bit of sun/heat.
Although not much moisture, if any.
Against my better judgment, I went shopping around yesterday with mixed
results ...
Salesperson at Lowe's said "definitely faux wood blinds .. the real wood
will warp!"
Salesperson at Penneys said "You need wood blinds absolutely; the vinyl or
faux will sag"

Anyone know the truth ??
thanks,
mel

I am in the business as an installer for 18 years now.

Custom made faux wood blinds should cost half what real wood blinds cost.
You will get some warping in real wood blinds no matter the brand, price or
warranty.
Real wood may chip or even peel the paint over time with adverse conditions.
Faux wood the color goes all the way though. Custom blinds don't sag. Those
cheap suckers at Penny's do sag so that salesperson told the truth.
Faux wood weights about 60% more than real wood avoid blinds over 48" (36"
best)

I have 23 of the real woods in my home because the faux product was not
available the time of purchase. If I were buying today I would buy the faux
wood from Lafayette Blinds, a fabricator using the better Hunter Douglas
product line. All Hunter Douglas are not equal. They have several
different levels of parts that the fabricators can buy.

Colbyt