Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default RCBO v. mini-RCBO

On 16/11/2020 11:12, Andy Burns wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Roger Hayter wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

THINK. How COULD it be part of it. If it passes any current at all
it is
CREATING an earth fault.

All they have to do is draw the current for the electronics *before* the
imbalance detector.

WHAT electronics?

THESE electronics ... the white earth flylead seems to connect to a pin
on the balance transformer (whatever the correct term might be)

https://youtu.be/8kWIITspYvk?t=441

Blimey. I'll concede that. They have devloped since my time...BUT if
you look at the circuit diagram later in that video, you will see than
no earth is involved. The only possible thing it *might* do is nothing
to do with RCD detection per se, but it MIGHT detect voltage on the
neutral with respect to earth.

Not something that bothers me at all.