Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default Encapsulated loft insulation

John Rumm wrote:
There is a Knauff product called Eko roll - made from recycled materials
but treated in such a way that its soft and non irritating to handle,
and does not make any fine floating fibre dust. Its not an encapsulated
product though.

Thanks. I saw that (seems to be the new thing the sheds are touting) but I
can't seem to find a datasheet for it anywhere. B&Q/Tradepoint links to a
minimalist Declaration of (fire) Performance that admits 'Wickes Loft Roll
Combi Cut', 'Eko Roll' and 'Space Combi' are all the same thing, but they're
also shed-only brands with no information.

I assumed fibreglass, glassfibre, glass wool, mineral wool, Earthwool and
Rockwool (trade names) were all the same thing, or are there differences in
composition between the brands?

Theo