Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default Car electrics question

On 13/11/2020 12:00, wrote:
On 13/11/2020 11:41, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 13 Nov 2020 10:55:34 +0000,
wrote:

snip

Â*From a bit of web pokery it seems that the steering wheel has to come
off.

I didn't assume that to be the case as once past the old cars where
the steering wheel was just held on with one nut and the horn wire,
air-bags and on0wheel-buttons make wheel removal more complicated and
so they tend to make things like the control stalks semi-circular,
held on with a couple of screws and relatively easy to remove.

I'd expected that to be the case, but a couple of things indicate
otherwise - I'll investigate before walking away from the job.
... snipped

.... snipped
I've now had the plastic covers off the column and can see that the
indicator and light+wiper switches are all part of one moulding. It
would be easy to remove the assembly once the steering wheel is off but
I'm ignorant about air bag systems so don't fancy doing that myself (I
must be getting old!!)