Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.engineering.electrical

Default Convert cold fill washing machine to hot and cold fill

Yes but the issue was often that in many homes where the water is only
heated by an immersion heater, switching to hot might not actually give hot
water, so then the machine would still need to heat the water itself, and
also of course the control equipment to create the exact temp needed would
not work if scolding hot water came in first.
I suspect these variables are why they went over to cold fill, they then
have full control.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Potrice" wrote in message
groupdirect.com...
I have just bought a single fill washing machine and modified the water
input
by using a switched 3/4 inch switched tap splitter. I have to turn the hot
water on by hand, and when it's full turn it off and turn the cold on.---
But I have noticed when it is filling it automatically switches from the
left hand fill in the soap dispenser, to the middle one. Meaning the two
solenoids (hot and cold) are still fitted and working.
All they've done is blank off the hot fitting and siamesed the two pipes
internally.
So all that would be need to make it dual fill would be
One pipe fitting and two bits of hose.

--
For full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ll-306005-.htm