Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Mark is offline

Default Car electrics question

"T i m" wrote in message
On Fri, 13 Nov 2020 17:44:35 -0000, "Mark" wrote:

I know ... ;-(

I still have my MK1 Escort its only a standard 2 door 1100
one previous owner and 15K miles on it when I bought it

You wouldn't want a 1300, 1300GT or 1600 (Kent) engine for your 1100
would you? ;-)

I bought an RS1600BDA engine soon after I bought the car in 84
but then decided the car was too original to mess with, was going to find
another MK1 to use the engine but never got around to it
I sold the engine about 18 months ago and got around 700 times what I paid
for it
the only thing I have changed on the escort which originally had drum brakes
all round is new struts with disc brakes a girling remote servo and a master
cylinder which holds more then the original egg cup full of brake fluid
photo
https://i.vgy.me/pDYR6U.jpg

-