Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car electrics question

In article ,
T i m wrote:
On Sat, 14 Nov 2020 11:11:38 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
When I was about 15 I bought a Fiat 850 for 15 quid with a seized
engine. Just armed with a basic socket set, some of Dads tools (RIP
about 10 years ago) and the HBOL, I stripped and rebuilt it on my own.

The Austin 7 (Ruby) we had in the 60s used a lot of oil. But the bearings
seemed OK. Bought an engine from a scrap yard for £3 with the bearings
shot. The Austin engine had a separate block and crankcase, so made one
out of the two. Worked just fine.

Cool ... and you never know what you can do / achieve till you try.
;-)

We were at that age when everything was possible. ;-)

--
*If you think this van is dirty, you should try having sex with the driver*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.