Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default Elec chainsaw question

"T i m" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Nov 2020 09:53:51 -0000, "michael adams"
wrote:
snip

Indeed. In Richmond Park there are, or at least used to be, old style picket
fences, split wood uprights and wire, put around the trees to protect
them.

I think you will find they are more typically called 'Pale / pailing'
fences (probably a modern version of a wattle fence).

Oh yes so they are, I stand corrected. Paling fencing was pictured
on a Google Images page for "picket fencing" on the 9th row down
And was actually labelled "paling fencing" ! Silly me.

Picket fences are normally evenly spaced flat wood 'pickets' on an
Arris rail of some sort.

I know. That's what all the other fences on the picket fencing page
on Google images look like. It's nice to see somebody's paying
attention anyway.

michael adams