Posted to uk.d-i-y
marika marika is offline

Default Car electrics question

On Friday, November 13, 2020 at 4:55:39 AM UTC-6, wrote:
On 12/11/2020 20:24, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 12 Nov 2020 19:15:17 +0000, wrote:

snip

Probably it's time for a new indicator switch
but I'll investigate first. Now to find out how much plastic needs to
come out before I can get to the switch.

Sometimes it's just the lower cowling under the wheel (1 / 2 screws?)
then the top cowling (possibly another 3 screws?) and then hope the
loom plugs directly into the switch (quite likely), or then you might
have to get more plastic off.

I have to do that soon [1] and then get the dash out as the odometer /
trip backlight has gone. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

[1] But have done it before with this car as we had to take the dash,
ECU, BCM, ignition switch and key to get the ECU repaired and to save
having to have it re-coded.

From a bit of web pokery it seems that the steering wheel has to come
off. Up until about 25 years ago I did most jobs on cars, rebuilt
engines (Spitfire, MGB, Saab900, Stag), built a couple of kit cars,
etcetera but then cars changed and my attitudes changed - the days of
lying in the street with spanners and torch on a Sunday night are long
gone. In this case, I've not had the need to fiddle with air bag systems
so I think this job might be going to a garage.\\

speaking strictly about the Saab, I could swear I remember the steering wheel coming off quite easily

Now lets see how much I got wrong€¦.

mk5000

Earlier this year, his poem "Bulati hai magar jane ka nahi" went viral on social media, making him a sensation among the youth. Memes using the poem's opening lines flooded social media during Valentine's Day.--the week PTI on Rahat Indori