Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Car electrics question

On Fri, 13 Nov 2020 17:44:35 -0000, "Mark" wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
news
Hindsight of course suggests that, with ample storage space I should
have kept the Mk1 Escort 2 door GT bodyshell I cut up and scrapped,

Silly boy,

I know ... ;-(

I still have my MK1 Escort its only a standard 2 door 1100
one previous owner and 15K miles on it when I bought it

I'm envious. One of the cutest cars I've driven (it was my first
company car) was a 1300 Mk2 Escort. I stuck a tow bar on it and it
towed my disco or dinghy trailers pretty well. ;-)

in these days when everything is so complicated on cars i still love the
simplicity of its engineering and the ease of working on it is so relaxing

Tell me about it.

You wouldn't want a 1300, 1300GT or 1600 (Kent) engine for your 1100
would you? ;-)

I'm not sure just how interchangeable the 1100 is with it's bigger
brothers, (13/1600) are fairly so I understand?

If yours is historic I think an engine change (for something that
might have been fitted in those days) is still acceptable?

I was going to upgrade my 1300 to 1600 and possibly with the GT head
(better gas flow) but if I do anything I might make it electric
instead.

Cheers, T i m