Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default Elec chainsaw question

"charles" wrote in message
In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
On 13/11/2020 08:59, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

was designed to do. Tree had been blown down, so I only needed to use it
on the ground - I doubt I would have the confidence to use it off the
ground.

Back handles saws can only safely be used two handed, so they are
difficult you use safely off the ground unless say on a scaffold tower,
or properly roped and harnessed to the tree. For aerial work most
arborists will use the smaller "top handle" saws, which can be used
single handed (although even then they are safer with two!).

but the other hand should be holding onto the ladder

All real arborists will be secured by ropes from above and wouldn't
be seen dead, anywhere near a ladder. Either literally or metaphorically.
You throw a rope between an overhead branch and the trunk and climb up the
secured rope, using one or more pairs of ascenders. Ratcheted devices
for feet and hands. Then secure yourself on a higher branch on the way
up, and repeat as often as necessary.

michael adams