Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Elec chainsaw question

On 13/11/2020 08:33, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

I'd have thought that one way would cover you in chippings and also pull you
into the tree if it jammed,

That is the better way generally - it pulls the saw away from you, and
pulls the dog teeth on the front of the body into the side of the wood.
You can then use a pivoting action - pulling on the rear handle to drive
the chain through the wood, pivoting on the dog teeth.

You can cut on the "push" side of the chain, but its not so easy when
cutting thicker stuff.

but most Electric ones do not have the oomph for
that sort of thing. I've only handled one once, frightened the daylights out
of me, even when I could see.

The power outputs of a mains electric is comparable with many small
petrol saws. In fact the new breed of cordless electrics can pretty much
match all but the most powerful petrol ones.

--
Cheers,

John.