Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Elec chainsaw question

ss wrote:
On 12/11/2020 23:07, T i m wrote:
I'm not sure I follow your description

I will try and clarify.
Chain travels in a loop.
up one side and down the other,
So one side is travelling away from me the other towards me.
Does it matter if I cut from either side of the `loop`.

You always (well, very nearly always) cut with the 'bottom' of the saw
such that the saw is pulled away from you.

It's (just about) permissable to cut with the top side for making a
small groove in the underside of a branch which you are lopping so
that when you cut it off in the normal way from the top it breaks off
reasonably neatly rather than tearing. Be extra careful when doing
this cutting with the 'wrong' side of the saw.

--
Chris Green
ยท