Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Elec chainsaw question

On Thu, 12 Nov 2020 23:48:53 +0000, ss wrote:

On 12/11/2020 23:07, T i m wrote:
I'm not sure I follow your description

I will try and clarify.

Ok ...

Chain travels in a loop.

It does indeed. ;-)

up one side and down the other,

Well yes, but you had it on it's side so it was left and right but no,
all the man cutting is done with the bottom of the bar (where the
chain is coming towards you).

So one side is travelling away from me the other towards me.

Ok ..

Does it matter if I cut from either side of the `loop`.

No, if you know what, when and how you are doing but yes, if you are
just using a chainsaw for the first time.

However, I believe I answered your question the first time anyway. ;-)

https://imgur.com/sdj1TTe

(Sorry, can't open that for some reason).

Cheers, T i m