Phisherman

Default Where to buy woodworking tools, etc. online

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 12:41:02 GMT, John Doe wrote:

Folks,

I am looking for your recommendation about trustworthy and cost-
effective online retailers of woodworking tools. I'm not talking
about top-of-the-line tools that only a full time artisan/craftsman
would use. I'm talking about everyday tools that are not exorbitantly
expensive. I have several woodworking retailers in my area, but they
are all just too pricey. These are the tools that Lowes and Home
Depot don't usually carry; things like dovetail jigs, fences, mitre &
measuring tools, etc. For example, I need a dovetail jig. No, not the
$400 kind, but the way-less-than-$100 kind.

I've ordered many tools from Amazon.com. They have many brands.
Also, I bought numerous woodworking books from Amazon. Never had a
problem and shipping time has been good. Stay away from cheap tools.