Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Hiosting stuff into loft

On 11/11/2020 07:55, Muddymike wrote:
On 10/11/2020 17:22, pinnerite wrote:
In a couple of months shall be downsizing from a 4-bedroom house to a
small bungalow. I shall be flooring the loft which will be esential for
storage.

The existing loft ladder is a flimsy affair. I intend to replace it with
a cascading section staircase such as a Ramsey.

At first I will need to get a substantial number of floor-boards (600 x
2400 x 18mm) up there. My original plan was to lay them one at a time on
the "staircase" and gradually push them up until they tip into the loft.

What would make it easier woud be if I could install a pair of pulleys
with ratchets, so that I could haul up each bpard without fearing to let
go.

When we were house hunting one we viewed had an electric hoist with
remote control mounted to the rafters above the loft hatch.

Mike

Did you check the ceiling for signs of sagging ?.
If you need a hoist to get stuff into and out of the loft
then either, you are putting too much weight up there, or
you are too old to get it back down again safely anyway.