Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Hiosting stuff into loft

On 11/11/2020 10:20, pinnerite wrote:
On Wed, 11 Nov 2020 07:10:23 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Tue, 10 Nov 2020 21:06:07 GMT, Harry Bloomfield, Esq.
wrote:

was thinking very hard :
Why not fix a pulley to a rafter, make a suitable sling/carrier and
attach it to a rope, temporarily install a pal/child/wife in the loft,
and just haul things up for the aforementioned pal/etcetera to unload?

I find a robust 10 gallon plastic bucket (old chemical container), with
a metal handle works well.

I use large garden waste bags such as these
https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/1577116379?iid=153941523494

That may solve part of the problem. I need to discover what weight they
can handle. Thamk you for that.

Alan

Is this roof made of modern trusses or cut timber ?. You need
to consider the weight of all that chipboard. I only did the
section immediately around the loft hatch with 18mm t&g 2400
by 600 flooring.
For the section where the roof line makes standing up impossible
I used a load of ex-B&Q mdf display panels on homemade upstands
and lateral 47x47mm timber to allow 300mm of insulation.
The central section was re-insulated with extruded polystyrene.