Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim White Jim White is offline

Default Hiosting stuff into loft

In article , says...

wrote:
On 11/11/2020 10:20, pinnerite wrote:
On Wed, 11 Nov 2020 07:10:23 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Tue, 10 Nov 2020 21:06:07 GMT, Harry Bloomfield, Esq.
wrote:

was thinking very hard :
Why not fix a pulley to a rafter, make a suitable sling/carrier and
attach it to a rope, temporarily install a pal/child/wife in the loft,
and just haul things up for the aforementioned pal/etcetera to unload?

I find a robust 10 gallon plastic bucket (old chemical container), with
a metal handle works well.

I use large garden waste bags such as these
https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/1577116379?iid=153941523494

That may solve part of the problem. I need to discover what weight they
can handle. Thamk you for that.

Alan

Pick-up a used 1m3 "builder's bag" from a building site, I think they're
rated to 1T (for things like sand, soil and ballast) but will certainly
be adequate for your needs. They have 4 handles (and a couple of
forklift loops) so would be very easy to put a rope through - and free!

Surely quite impossible to get up through the loft hatch though.

Toolsatan do a half-tonne bag. 89263 73x73x70