Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fancy an anglepoise lamp anyone?

You can on some of them get different springs to do the balancing for other
bulbs though. Weaker ones for the small leds and stronger ones for the heavy
ones.

Not sure who supplies them these days, used to be able to molish them from
random chrome springs you could buy, but not so sure now.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"brian" wrote in message
In message , tim...
writes

"Broadback" wrote in message
A snip at £250

as they seem to retail for £2950

yes, it is

Are you selling?

They're no-where near those prices on e-bay.

Someone down the road had thrown one out a 1227. I rescued it as I'd
always fancied one,. The original lamp socket had been replaced by a
plastic one, presumably to make it electrically safe. There's a company
that sells spare parts, so I bought a chrome fitting with earth and 3 core
vintage style cable.

I use it daily , The only gripe is the LED bulb is the wrong weight to
balance it properly.

Brian

--
Brian Howie