Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Opening tight jar lids.

In article ,
fred wrote:
The best oil filter wrenches look like overlarge spanners which match
the flats at the top of the filter.In the past I tried every version of
these other types none of which worked sucessfully in confined spaces

Fine if your filter has flats - not all do. But if really tight, the thin
steel they are made out of will likely deform with a spanner. Assuming
there is room to get such a large spanner in.

At one time, some had an ordinary nut welded on the end.

--
*I'm planning to be spontaneous tomorrow *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.