Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred[_8_] fred[_8_] is offline

Default Opening tight jar lids.

On Wednesday, November 11, 2020 at 12:34:46 AM UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
alan_m wrote:
In article ,
No Name wrote:
Has anyone considered using a pair oil filter wrench for this? They come
with rubber or cloth straps.....

One round the lid, the other around the jar......

Called strap wrenches. And mentioned ages ago. As something that really
does work unlike all the stupid ideas here. ;-)

For experience it doesn't always work on oil filters on cars! The
standby has always been to hammer a screwdriver through the filter

The version I have for car oil filters uses a chain rather than strap. So
doesn't rely totally on friction. It has teeth which bite into the filter.

--
*I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

The best oil filter wrenches look like overlarge spanners which match the flats at the top of the filter.In the past I tried every version of these other types none of which worked sucessfully in confined spaces