Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Computer app for draing wiring

On 10 Nov 2020 12:47:28 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Tue, 10 Nov 2020 12:02:01 +0000, T i m wrote:

Gimp is vastly better imho

But vastly more complicated.;-(

Indeed. There is a good book for about 17 quid, with accompanying video
tutorials. In fact, you can get it all free.

It's one of the few that relates to GIMP 2.10.

And it includes a PDF of the book.

https://youtu.be/Vdj0VfDPUX0

Thanks for that Bob. I've bookmarked the link and downloaded the file
in case someone else asks me about Photoshop in the future (and I
normally point them towards Gimp). ;-)

I don't really have the need for photo manipulation myself, outside of
basic cropping and rotation and Irfanview does all that and more for
me.

My Dad was very much into photography (was asked to display some of
his portraits at some fancy gallery in London) but not digital,
whereas I'm really only a content / convenience / reference
photographer and only digital.

He was in it for the craft and post processing (all sorts of lights
and umbrellas / lenses etc) and I'm generally happy with what I've
taken as it is (daughter often asks me to take pics for her as she's
happy with my framing / composition).

That said, I would *like* to be able to use Gimp / Photoshop and I'm
not someone who generally learns from a manual or a video, unless
there is some sort of index so I can jump to the bit I'm specifically
interested in at that instance.

I prefer the old mentoring way ... (given the opportunity). ;-)

Cheers, T i m