Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cost of an AVO in 1966

On 10/11/2020 12:27, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) presented the following explanation :
I do have an AVO 8, but it stays in its beautiful leather case. The
number
of times it would be better for fault finding rather rare.

I last used one of mine, I have several, several years ago to fault find
a mystery discharge on my car when parked. It was handy not only for the
flick of the needle, but for the fact it didn't shut itself off after
several minutes untouched, as a digi-meter would.

You lucky man. Mine just flattens its battery....

--
€œThe fundamental cause of the trouble in the modern world today is that
the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt."

- Bertrand Russell