Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pancho Pancho is offline

Default Toilet fill valve

On 10/11/2020 13:43, Fredxx wrote:
On 10/11/2020 10:06:48, alan_m wrote:
On 10/11/2020 09:33, Bev Brooks wrote:
Anybody any idea where I can buy a bottom fill toilet fill valve with
a 70mm long tail, 1/2 thread. Struggling to source one and dont
want to replace the toilet.
Thanks
Bev

Is the 70mm important in order to meet existing pipework?

I suspect the old one has this.

The next question is there sufficient pipe movement to fit the more
usual offerings?

I looked at mine and it seems the tail is about 50mm.

If there is enough room, maybe a 15cm flexible connector pipe could help
solve the problem.

Something like:
https://www.screwfix.com/p/flexible-tap-connector-15mm-x-x-500mm/3446g

One other point, my old one suffered terribly from water hammer. I
replaced it with a Fluid master PRO45B (brass shank) and the water
hammer disappeared.