Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cost of an AVO in 1966

In article ,
Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:
I remember that a lot of the cost was calibration of the analogue meter
and indeed the very high quality switches and plating used inside it,
all of which was not cheap. If I could see, I'd still need an analogue
meter since there was nothing as revealing as the wobbling of a reading
to indicate where an intermittent fault might lurk.
Digital are fine for steady state work of course, but for fault finding
they were of limited use.

I do have an AVO 8, but it stays in its beautiful leather case. The number
of times it would be better for fault finding rather rare.

--
*If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.