Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Opening tight jar lids.

On Mon, 9 Nov 2020 16:21:49 +0000, Robin wrote:

Some year ago, I bought a 'strap wrench' for opening jars. Kitchen version
rather than a car version. Works well.

'er indoors had most varieties and still can't always manage. I
introduced her to strap wrenches. But even those (including ones
designed for kitchens) fail for her - and for me too! - on some jars
where designers have decided the sides of the lids need to slope.

I found that slightly abrading the strap helped a lot - it removed the mold
release. Then get the centre line of the strap on the acute edge of the
slope.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away